Adding Raid 5 Discs

mychips70

May 7, 2019
Im hoping you may be to guide or advise me with the following problem I have. I did have an Open Media Vault (OMV) install with the latest version using initially for Plex for my media and was hoping also to use for VR as well. That didn't work as i hoped for so now have installed Proxmox with OMV as a VR. That all works great and of course for the extra VR's that I want to try, but my problem is that all my previous Plex data is on 3 2TB disks configured as Raid 5. If i connected them would they connect and work, would they have to be independently added to OMV.

I am new to the Linux community and have been using various distros and now starting to settle down to my personal needs, and would appreciate any help and guidance you can give.

Peter

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!