Adding local storage to GUI

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by bferrell, Dec 30, 2018.

1. bferrell

bferrell New Member

Hello, I'm a very new Proxmox user, and I have done a fair amount of searching, so please bear with me.

My Node3 has 2 internal storage pools, a 1G SSD and a 13TB RAID. The RAID is not showing up in the GUI as storage. I have followed the steps outlined in this nice video.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AIanr65xEY

1) found the dev on the /dev/sdb
    2) created a partion /dev/sdb1
    3) created a partition group - PV /dev/sdb1 VG RAID12 lvm2 [12.73 TiB / 12.73 TiB free]
    4) created a volumegroup - RAID12 (see below)

The video implies that I should now be able to refresh the GUI and see this VG under DataCenter storage, but I do not, when I goto to Storage add new>LVM I only see the old, small Volume Group (pve, RAID12 is missing). Why? I'm sure it seems like a dumb question, but I'm newish to linux.

Brett
    Sub: Community 4 socket
    upload_2018-12-30_16-34-9.png

upload_2018-12-30_16-58-45.png
    vgdisplay - view volume group
    --- Volume group ---
    VG Name RAID12
    System ID
    Format lvm2
    Metadata Areas 1
    Metadata Sequence No 1
    VG Access read/write
    VG Status resizable
    MAX LV 0
    Cur LV 0
    Open LV 0
    Max PV 0
    Cur PV 1
    Act PV 1
    VG Size 12.73 TiB
    PE Size 4.00 MiB
    Total PE 3336703
    Alloc PE / Size 0 / 0
    Free PE / Size 3336703 / 12.73 TiB
    VG UUID zBLUGG-pfeh-8WJM-WHwi-0QD7-ecPB-GKPCgD

2. sb-jw

sb-jw Active Member

If only one node in the cluster have this raid, you should do it on the node who has this volume. On which node you are currently logged in?

3. bferrell

bferrell New Member

Wow. That's the answer, but let me just say, to the new guy, that's confusing as heck. Yes, I only expected it to be available on Node3, but Node1 is the cluster master, and since I can "manage the cluster" from there, would've expected to be able to do this from there. If there were a Storage option at the Node level maybe you could. Anyway, thanks for throwing me a bone, I would literally never have thought to login directly to that node, even though not that you say that, it does make sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice