Added vmbr1 does not accept gateway

Xela

Oct 12, 2017
Dear Forum
I have one VM running with vmbr0 (ip1, gw, eth1).
I tried to add a second VM with vmbr1 (ip2, gw, eth1) but Proxmox says vmbr0 has already that Gateway (gw).
How do I create the vmbr1 for the second VM ?

you can only have one default gateway, what exactly are you trying to do?

Hi Dominic, thank's for your response. Not exactly...
I have vmbr0 and use that with the given mac address (for ip1) for VM1 (Debian). Which works fine.
Now I installed (UCS) in a 2nd VM, used also vmbr0 but with the other mac address for ip2.
Opened the necessary ports but don't reach that new VM2 from outside. Pinging out from VM2 works.

I have vmbr0 and use that with the given mac address (for ip1) for VM1 (Debian). Which works fine.
Now I installed (UCS) in a 2nd VM, used also vmbr0 but with the other mac address for ip2.
Opened the necessary ports but don't reach that new VM2 from outside. Pinging out from VM2 works.
what has this to do with the gateway settings of the host ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!