Added certificate - cannot access Shell or run Updates

nomadmike

Oct 20, 2022
Thialand
I have setup a lets-encrypt certificate, however if I access the server using the domain name I cannot access shell or run upgrades, it works fine with my PVE server?

I can access both if I use the ip address is this normal?

what exactly happens when you try to access with the domain? what is the error? is it resolving correctly on the client (e.g. check with ping)

I can access the client through a web browser just fine, create and run jobs, If I click on the shell or try to run an update I just get a blank connecting screen, see attached

I figured out the problem it doesn't like connecting via proxy, working now

Attachments

• shell.png
    shell.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 3
  • update screen.png
    update screen.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
  • update window.png
    update window.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
do you run behind a reverse proxy/firewall? are websockets allowed? does the browser javascript console give any error? is anything visible in the hosts syslog/journal?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!