Add PVE users with SaltStack

WolfpacK

Nov 11, 2018
Anyone know how to manage proxmox users with SaltStack? I disable password for users by default in my Salt Config and all other PAM accounts use key based auth. This means I can't use PAM accounts for the web interface.

I have a salt state which installs and preconfigures ProxMox, but how can I add a PVE user with the role Administrator with Salt?

I can manage the shadow.cfg file with Salt, which will configure the user and password. How would I configure the ACLs? Is this information stored in a file somewhere? The wiki seems to be outdated and doesn't say much about how ACLs are stored. After using PVEUM to set up my user, shadow.cfg doesn't appear to contain any ACL information.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!