Add new storage only to one node in cluster

Nikolay K.

Aug 21, 2019
Hello.
I need to add new disk only to one existing node, not to all cluster.
On the forum, I'm found the only solution how to add a disk to all nodes via Datacenter - Storage.
What is the best way to do that?
Or I only need to initiate disk as /dev/sdb* on my node?

Hello.
I need to add new disk only to one existing node, not to all cluster.
On the forum, I'm found the only solution how to add a disk to all nodes via Datacenter - Storage.
What is the best way to do that?
Or I only need to initiate disk as /dev/sdb* on my node?

If you create the filesystem on it over our WebGUI (Node -> Disks -> Directory -> Create) then it will already be added for that node only.

Else, if the filesystem was already created add it over DC -> Storages, name it uniquely and set the "Nodes" field in the create or edit dialog to the respective node.

If you create the filesystem on it over our WebGUI (Node -> Disks -> Directory -> Create) then it will already be added for that node only.

Else, if the filesystem was already created add it over DC -> Storages, name it uniquely and set the "Nodes" field in the create or edit dialog to the respective node.
Thanks, I'll try it.

I'm experiencing a similar issue:
Prior to joining a node to a cluster, it had a directory /4x6raid5 which was a EXT4 Formatted LVM with one LV, one VG, one PV, but of course it was on top of a hardware RAID5.

Now I can either do:
  • Datacentre > Storage > Add Directory > /4x6raid5
    Which adds the directory to all servers (but it is only valid on 2 of them because they're identical servers with identical directory names)
  • Node > Disks > Directory > ERROR No unused disks!
Why would it think that?
fdisk -l
/dev/sda
Proxmox LVM on top of RAID1
/dev/sdb
Manually added LVM on top of RAID5

df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 54G 0 54G 0% /dev
tmpfs 11G 18M 11G 1% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root 94G 2.6G 87G 3% /
tmpfs 54G 60M 54G 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 54G 0 54G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mapper/4x6raid5-4x6raid5 1.7T 77M 1.6T 1% /4x6raid5
/dev/fuse 30M 44K 30M 1% /etc/pve
192.168.1.82:/mnt/xpool/NFS/Servers 3.4T 65G 3.3T 2% /mnt/pve/Servers
192.168.1.83:/mnt/xpool/NFS/Backups 3.6T 336G 3.3T 10% /mnt/pve/Backups
tmpfs 11G 0 11G 0% /run/user/0

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

when you add a storage, you can select which nodes should be able to use it ..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!