Add new LVM to the current cluster

madmatrix

Sep 20, 2011
Hi,

I'm adding the one new 500GB disk to the cluster. It's on the 2nd host. I already use pvcreate and vgcreate to get a new Volume group like below:

root@vsh2:~# pvs
PV VG Fmt Attr PSize PFree
/dev/sda2 pve lvm2 a-- 465.26g 15.99g
/dev/sdb vsh2-2-500GB lvm2 a-- 465.76g 465.76g

The volume group name is vsh2-2-500GB. But I don't see this volume group name in the web gui when I tried to add this storage to the storage list. It only shows "pve" and another volume group "local-1TB" I created in the "Volume group" drop down list. I have recreated volume group and reboot the machine. The volume group name still doesn't show up in the GUI. I know it's there since pvs command shows correct name.

Screenshot at 2012-08-11 17:11:29.png

Any idea why the vsh2-2-500GB name doesn't list in the GUI? Thanks a lot.

Lou

Hi,
do you see the storage if you use the IP of the second node for the webfrontend?

Udo

You rock. I didn't think about that. It works now. I added to the storage list through second node's ip webfront. Thanks a lot!

Lou

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!