[SOLVED] Add new administrator user

mlazzarotto

Dec 30, 2021
Hi guys, yesterday I installed my first Proxmox VE on my tiny pc.
I want to add a new user with administrative privileges. (I'm following this YT tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtuhWjEo9qs)
So far, this is what I've done:
  1. create user marco on the OS
  2. create user marco on Proxmox
  3. create new resource pool administrator in which I added my new account
  4. in the pool added new User Permission --> User: marco Role: administrator
If I go to Datacenter -> Users and I click on Permissions I see the propagated roles like in the attachment.
Still, if I login with the user marco I don't have the full privileges and what I see is only a small portion of the Datacenter.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 531
Still, if I login with the user marco I don't have the full privileges and what I see is only a small portion of the Datacenter.
I assume that user only sees what it part of that pool. If the user should access the full cluster, just assign the permissions to "/".

I assume that user only sees what it part of that pool. If the user should access the full cluster, just assign the permissions to "/".
That's a good point, but I'm a total noob on Proxmox.
I deleted the pool, Now if I go to users I get this, what next?
1641551310934.png

Go to Datacenter -> Permissions, there add a new User permission with the path "/" for your user and the appropriate role. Make sure the "Propagate" Checkbox is enabled so that the permission propagates down to all the child elements of the permissions paths.

Go to Datacenter -> Permissions, there add a new User permission with the path "/" for your user and the appropriate role. Make sure the "Propagate" Checkbox is enabled so that the permission propagates down to all the child elements of the permissions paths.
Oh my! I thought that "Permissions" was only a folder for the other elements. Thank you so much!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!