Action Objects - Bounce

Sommer

Jun 7, 2018
Greetings,

I am using Who Objects with LDAP Group - Unknown LDAP address to reject invalid recipients.
Today I am using the block action, but better option would be bounce the message, as default MTA behavior.

Is there a way to create a bounce action?

Thank you

If you simply remove the block rule, the receiving mail server will generate the bounce for you.
Or you can also use the "verify receiver" options. This blocks mails earlier at smtp protocol level.

@dietmar
The receiving mail server is a second layer that does not have the valid recipients addresses.
Also, that is why I am not using verify receiver option.

As I'm aware of, PMG is currently not able to bounce or reject in MTA connection because of how pmg-smtp-filter is setup to perform the rules (it's a content-filter, no milter setup). Sending NDRs by pmg-smtp-filter seems also not available yet, however, it's always better to reject at MTA level instead of sending NDRs.

So, no bounce, OK.
Is there a way to put some custom log entry?
For example, put LDAP reject with mail filter action and be able to search on tracking center using filter.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!