ACME DNS challenge plugin with Hetzner NS

moose

Nov 19, 2017
Bavarian Alps
Hi folks,

I want to create and automatically renew a let's encrypt certificate for my PVE system.

As read here I added a new Challenge Plugin (ACME DNS Plugin) because I want to use dns-01 challenge in conjunction with Hetzner's NS.

As DNS API I choose "Hetzner" (see figure 1). But what's the correct syntax I've to use in the 'API Data' field? The informations I found in the referenced link don't help me to figure out the correct data require for the "API Data" field in the Challenge Plugin.

On the other hand I can choose 'acme-dns' in the plugins DNS API field. Doing so I got four more fields, see figure 2.

So my question is: Does anybody use the ACME DNS plugin for dns-01 challenge with Hetzner NS and which of the two methodes described above do you use?

If method 1, what do I have to type in the 'API DATA' field and which is the formal correct syntax?

If possible, please give an example or provide a screenshot.

Anyway, many thanks in advance for reading and answering!

Greetinx

moose

Attachments

• Hetzner.png
    Hetzner.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 55
  • API-DNS.png
    API-DNS.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 57
Well, I decided to choose method 1 (see above) because it's the more easy way.

After trying some strings and formats in the 'API DATA' field I found the right syntax, see attached png-file.

Having done so I was able to get my LE cert.

Greetinx

moose

Attachments

• ACME_DNS_Plugin.png
    ACME_DNS_Plugin.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 178

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!