45Drives HL15 for PBR

Sep 26, 2023
Has anyone tried using the 45 drives HL15 for their PBR server?

I'm at a point where my pbr, running as a vm on my pve server, with nested storage isn't going to work long term or be very dependable long term, in fact it's already crashed twice and I lost my data. The first time I lost my storage, and the 2nd time I had corruption on my boot drives but was able to recover. The synology box i have and use for 'file-shares' isn't going to work and dont' want to utilize that. That said, I'm in need of either a dedicated pbr or another fast storage location for my data. I've started looking for either a dedicated storage solution to be presented to my pbr but think in the long term, and for sanity sake - a dedicated pbr server with a pc style of configuration. I don't have a rack at the site I will be using this with so don't want to really look down that path. I've bought/build boxes in the past for as this is going to be a 'company' device - I don't want to worry about warranties or the equipment either. Using PBR and my current configurations (estimating long term storage needs) something with 20TB or less would work for me.

Any suggestion on something that might work would be appreciated. There has to be other pc-style configurations out there that are 'business/enterprise' grade w/o being a rack mount - and I'm not sure about 'normal' (dell/hp/etc) desktop form equipment for this environment. I know I could get a TrueNas set up, and run pbr with nested storage, or even pass-thru storage but am not looking a complicated solution.

Thanks in advance -

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!