3 nodes to delete and 1 that have a red cross but still semi working

cyqpann

Nov 18, 2021
Hi all,
I have a little problem. in my datacenter, i have 2 red X on 2 old node and one that doesnt exist anymore at all. i wannt remove all 3 of them : Baitou tenacity and vlad doesnt exeist anymore at all and aren't physically in the network anymore. draco is still physically alive and i can access the shell but when im trying to do pvecm status, i got this error : Error: Corosync config '/etc/pve/corosync.conf' does not exist - is this node part of a cluster?
Terra is all fine and contain my pfsense router. Can you help me trying to fix this please.
thx a lot

Attachments

• my proxmox.png
    my proxmox.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 9
You could try to remove the three old nodes using the command line from one of your still active nodes (e.g.: terra) by following the steps in the manual [1].

As for draco, I am unsure what happened. It seems that the cluster thinks that draco should be part of it, but draco itself is not aware of the cluster. You could try to follow the steps for separating a node without reinstalling [2] and then try to rejoin the cluster. However, this is not recommended and it would probably be better if you could remove it from the cluster, re-install pve and then join it again.

[1]: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_remove_a_cluster_node
[2]: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#pvecm_separate_node_without_reinstall

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!