3.0 Beta Forum?

martin.g

Renowned Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi,
I tried to setup a 3.0 Beta for a test, but this completly failed (fresh install, using update script). So I wanted to provide more information on the error (script tries to install libgnutls28 but libgnutls26 is the latest one on Wheezy).
Is there a separate forum for these topics?
Best regards
Martin

Hi,
I tried to setup a 3.0 Beta for a test, but this completly failed (fresh install, using update script). So I wanted to provide more information on the error (script tries to install libgnutls28 but libgnutls26 is the latest one on Wheezy).
Is there a separate forum for these topics?
Best regards
Martin

+1

Thank you.

3.0 is not officially released and the upgrade path is not yet supported and tested. we start supporting and maintaining this as soon as Wheezy is stable, expected in May.

as there is not beta, it makes no sense to create a beta forum. post question here.

Okay, understood. It was obvious for me that it is not offically released.
So my question is: Why depends Proxmox 3 on a package that is not available in the offical testing/wheezy?

That´s the upgrade script: http://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/wheezy/pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0
Line 414: +libgnutls28

In Wheezy there is only libgnutls26
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libgnutls&searchon=names&suite=testing&section=all
libgnutls28 can only be found in unstable branch:
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libgnutls28&searchon=names&suite=unstable&section=all

So the update fails:
Clearing symlinks in /etc/ssl/certs...done.
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs... 158 added, 0 removed; done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d....done.
Processing triggers for python-support ...
Processing triggers for libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:amd64 ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-18-pve
WARNING: could not open /var/tmp/mkinitramfs_WORAEz/lib/modules/2.6.32-18-pve/modules.builtin: No such file or directory
apt-get --purge -y --force-yes install libkdb5-6 pve-kernel-2.6.32-20-pve bootlogd libgnutls-openssl27 proxmox-ve-2.6.32 smbclient pve-manager libgnutls28 libkadm5srv-mit8 db5.1-util lib
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package libgnutls28
apt-get install proxmox-ve-2.6.32
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following extra packages will be installed:
pve-kernel-2.6.32-20-pve pve-manager
The following NEW packages will be installed:
proxmox-ve-2.6.32 pve-kernel-2.6.32-20-pve pve-manager
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 33.2 MB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Abort.

I dont´t know whether the "could not open" warning matters or not.

Hi tom,
I'm on version 3.0 in test.
Since installing this version there is no up-to-date
I feel that we're still on version 2.3. any changes to the repository: wheezy pvetest.
While I see changes in the code.

Thank you.

I think the major change is the upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy. I don´t think there will be a completely new gui or something like that.

Edit: Strange...
I could start a topic without problems.
I did a reply to tom´s post and the forum told me that my post has to be unlocked first (because of being a new member). And I still do not see this post (I know someone has to look by it manually).
I did a reply to badji: Immediately posted again.

Last edited:
Okay, understood. It was obvious for me that it is not offically released.
So my question is: Why depends Proxmox 3 on a package that is not available in the offical testing/wheezy?

That´s the upgrade script: http://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/wheezy/pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0
Line 414: +libgnutls28

In Wheezy there is only libgnutls26
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libgnutls&searchon=names&suite=testing&section=all
libgnutls28 can only be found in unstable branch:
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libgnutls28&searchon=names&suite=unstable&section=all

So the update fails:

I dont´t know whether the "could not open" warning matters or not.

we just uploaded a new packages to the pvetest repo wheezy and a new upgrade script, adapted the wiki articles. pls note, 3.0 does not need apache2 anymore as we use our internal web server.

pls test again if the issue is fixed for you.

Thank you.
I have to free a test server again, could last a few days. But should be reproducable by everyone because the error occured on a fresh out-of-the-box proxmox 2.3

Hi tom,
I made the update.

# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 3.0-11 (pve-manager/3.0/90cfcbe2)
running kernel: 2.6.32-20-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.0-97
pve-kernel-2.6.32-20-pve: 2.6.32-97
lvm2: 2.02.95-pve3
clvm: 2.02.95-pve3
corosync-pve: 1.4.5-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.0-1
pve-cluster: 3.0-1
qemu-server: 3.0-4
pve-firmware: 1.0-22
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-1
libpve-access-control: 3.0-2
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-2
vncterm: 1.1-2
vzctl: 4.0-1pve3
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.4-10
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

My cluster is running, my vms in sheepdog works better.

Just a note, since we don't need apache2, i use
apt-get autoremove he cleaned me everything

Thank you

Wheezy is stable maybe I should try to update, is it possible to update from 3.0 beta to 3.0 stable when it is released?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!