Question about sources

shsm

Mar 5, 2010
Hello!I have a small question about pve-manager sources. I've git clone of the source code of packages pve-manager but a found some error. "debian" directory missing two important files which need for package rebuilding with debian "debuild" utility. These files are: "changelog" and "rules". Whether the Proxmox Team plans to add these files to repo or provide information or how to build debian package from this sources?

you wrote recently that you plan to create a repo to compete with our new enterprise services. of course, you can do this.

but hey, do you really expect that we actively help you doing this in our support forum? we love free software, but we are no complete idiots.

you wrote recently that you plan to create a repo to compete with our new enterprise services. of course, you can do this.but hey, do you really expect that we actively help you doing this in our support forum? we love free software, but we are no complete idiots.
:) Hey, i still here with proxmox and i need add some modification to pve-manager v.3.0. I can build that package anyway but it will be more suitable with all necessary files.And after yours explanations about ent and not-ent repository my opinion for proxmox is positive again :) C'mon keep it simple, do not keep evil :)

If you want info what changes i need i can provide that info. In our setup we use MTA Exim4 instead of Postfix and we also need Exim4 in Services tab. Patch is trivial and we done it by Puppet. But in future we planning to use patched version from ours own repo.

Hey Tom, maybe you are great engineer but your atitude is not making any good to the image of this project, if you want to help the man say it or leave it. Why are you closing all threads where people say pros or cons? The truth bothers you? Again atitude will get you down....

No, the threads that are closed are the ones that get out of hand with the bad attitude. I would venture to say that shsm will not be receiving assistance on this from the Proxmox team. However, and please note, this thread is still open. Anyone, and everyone is free to assist or comment here as they please. The trolling threads and bashing threads get closed.
But, if this was your product, why allow the few community members to tear it down with hateful words. Allow them to comment, but don't indulge in it. And that seems to be what he is doing.
The Pros and Cons are still open. The bashing and directed hateful messages are closed, or moderated is a better term.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!