lxc containers on zfs storage wont start.

This is not a default configuration. First thing which caught my eye is the fact that you're using a case insensitive subvolume there. This has shown to be problematic in the past (in particular in combination with AppArmor[1]). So maybe try:
Code:
# zfs set casesensitivity=sensitive vol1/VM/subvol-200-disk-1
Then try to start the container.

Now, there are a couple of other options which seem weird, particularly for a container rootfs: sharesmb, normalization, sharenfs, nbmand.
Ideally you'd disable all of those on `vol1/VM` and only enable them on specific subvolumes where you need them.

[1] https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/4763

Hi! Yes, that worked - I created a new zpool with casesensitivity=sensitive and it's working. Thank you mucg for your help.

However, I am unable to set the parameter on the existing zpool, which is a little "sad":

Code:
root@cat:~# zfs set casesensitivity=sensitive vol1/VM/subvol-200-disk-1
cannot set property for 'vol1/VM/subvol-200-disk-1': 'casesensitivity' is readonly

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!