@Stoiko Ivanov I really do not understand because now it's seems to be working fine. Previous version of the disclaimer was failing even if it did not had any non ascii characters.
I did remove some code from disclaimer like <div> so that might helped...
I agree that we should share as much as...
Thanks for the help I will give up on this for now. I should of been more clear before I want to add all the extensions I am blocking so they will be blocked as file extension and subfile extension like .ade.apk, .rar.plg but I am hitting Parameter verification failed. (400) regex: value may...
Just wondering how many of you are using modifying the subject by adding SPAM or adding some other string in the subject.
I am having a really hard time using this so it will be added only on messages that might be potentially malicious.
Is it possible to use this any other way then just spam...
Will test as you said but I don't think it's going to help. I had disclaimer before with only ascii characters and it was still failing on some messages.
If I test my html code or just the disclaimer via https://onlineasciitools.com/validate-ascii I get
Will report after a few days of...
This works for just file-ending/extension.
What if I want to block also also example .com.xml (detect .com) then how to do it? I see some extensions that have more then just file-ending so that would be also helpful to detect I guess.
@Stoiko Ivanov as our policy has changed now we have to add disclaimer to every messages I see a lot more failures to add disclaimer. I have send your the logs via email. Hope you can reproduce the issue. I wish we could have very low or close to 0 failure rate to add disclaimer. Some malicious...
Can you post the full mail log from tracking center or Administration - Syslog of blocked message? You should get more detailed information there why it's failing.
Have you setup DKIM via
Configuration - Mail Proxy - DKIM
Enable DKIM Signing
Selector (select one and publish on dns)
My mistake I am guessing it's this
nano +56 /var/lib/pmg/templates/main.cf.in
mail_name = Proxmox
Follow the template recommendations https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_template_engine to retain this value after upgrades.
This should be your server hostname
You can edit the file /etc/hostname
edit the file to match your needs (it should look something like this mx.example.com or mail.example.com)
save the changes by using ctrl +x and Y
You can also change your SMTPD Banner via...
Right now we have a pretty aggressive policy for detecting and blocking spam and malicious mail. That has consequences meaning we have to spend quite a lot of time daily working on adding whitelist items and checking why legitimate mail was blocked.
To reduce our workload I am looking into how...
Already fixed in Version 7.1-10
It's available in the
3.5.4. Proxmox Mail Gateway Test Repository
I am getting undesirable behavior with my solution.
It's matching on files like rosenbauer.com!example.com!58005.xml.gz (this is matching my rule) looks like it's matching on .com
In that archive it's just a file rosenbauer.com!example.com!58005.xml (this is not matching)
I see in the logs
One thing I am also wondering is can you make a snapshot without any interruption to the VM OS. Example I have a VM Windows Server 2022 terminal server with 100 active users on the terminal can I make a snapshot without losing connection to terminal like will the users notice the snapshot...
I am guessing we need to disable SMTP inspection on firewalls where this is happening I see three mail servers that are triggering this errors.
Will report if this fixes the issue. enabling workarounds seems to also increase processing time on massages.
This links seems more useful and related...