[SOLVED] Can you change the action sender in user (mail@example.com) blocklist?

poetry

May 28, 2020
We have implemented the quarantine and it looks OK but I have a question is it possible to change how the sender in user blocklist is executed.

Right now I have that any mail over spam score 8 will go to quarantine. If user set's sender on blocklist it will quarantine a message. I would like to change this action to just block the message instead so this sender will not be shown in quarantine again. Is that possible? I am guessing that is not possible but I guess it does not hurt to ask...
Why would you want to quarantine a message every time again once a user has added that sender to blocklist it will just pollute the quarantine and the user will try to add the sender multiple times to quarantine? It's strange behavior that I would like to change.

Last edited:
Right now I have that any mail over spam score 8 will go to quarantine. If user set's sender on blocklist it will quarantine a message. I would like to change this action to just block the message instead so this sender will not be shown in quarantine again. Is that possible? I am guessing that is not possible but I guess it does not hurt to ask...
In the default ruleset a hit on user-blacklist should block a message:
* if an address is on a user-blacklist - that results in a SpamAssassin hit with 100 points
* just create a rule which blocks mail if the score is above ... 95 (to allow for some negative scores based on other sa-hits)

I hope this helps!

Reactions: poetry
In the default ruleset a hit on user-blacklist should block a message:
* if an address is on a user-blacklist - that results in a SpamAssassin hit with 100 points
* just create a rule which blocks mail if the score is above ... 95 (to allow for some negative scores based on other sa-hits)

I hope this helps!
Yes this works. Thanks. The priority of your rule is also very important. In my testing if your quarantine priority is higher then block priority then it will still quarantine the message. That is because quarantine action is final. This detail about how blocklist works as you noted was not clear to me now I understand.

This is my rules right now I am quite satisfied with how things work even with all limitations. Will see in the future if I modify anything.
1671831334294.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!