Recent content by IsThisThingOn

  1. I

    Disk Full - can not delete old backups.

    I ran into the same situation. But instead of using the script, I try to keep it simple: - moved some chunk file fodlers starting with aaa off the disk: mv /mnt/datastore/poolBackup/.chunks/aaa* /tmp/ - ran the Garbage Collect Job - moved the folders back mv /tmp/aaa*...
  2. I

    SMTP with Microsoft 365

    Works for me on my business accounts (yes, accounts as in multiple). Not saying that I don't believe you, MS is a clusterfuck, could be a gradual rollout, could be some obtuse setting, the list goes on. Some applications don't work well with 587, that is why I also got a throwaway gmail account.
  3. I

    SMTP with Microsoft 365

    Yes. But sometimes M365 is a PITA. But first things first. - Are we talking about a business or private account? - Is SMTP even allowed? You can block that by policy. You can also disable it as a user setting. Go to outlook.com and check for the user, go to admin.microsoft.com and check...
  4. I

    PBS meets Hetzner Storagebox

    muss es ja auch nicht (wenn Quelle und Ziel ZFS sind und ZFS selbst bit rot erkennt) ;)
  5. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    I am not 100% sure on that one. Sure, I have pretty low backup requirements (around 20 Linux VMs and 8 Windows VMs, 182 snapshots at 1.5TB) but I only see 800MBit/s and 500 IOPS peak. So I am not entirely convinced it would be much slower with HDDs instead of my SSD mirror. Yes, it is writing...
  6. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    But it is :) A Hardware RAID5 with 4 drives will give you exactly 75% storage efficiency. A ZFS RAIDZ1 with 4 drives will give you between 50% and 75%, depending on padding and pool geometry. Which in return depends on your zvol and dataset settings and what file you plan on saving onto it...
  7. I

    Official status of support for multiple backup solutions

    Sure. VEEAM supports PVE, so PVE backups are supported by VEEAM. PBS supports PVE, so PVE backups to PVS are supported by Proxmox. Support means that someone will pick up the phone or give you the option to write a ticket. As a rule of thumb, the more these companies depend on support...
  8. I

    Official status of support for multiple backup solutions

    True, but at the same time, why would I want Support from Proxmox for my backup tool? IMHO it does not matter, what PVE supports. If I use VEEM for my proxmox backup, the only thing that matters is IMHO that VEEAM supports backing up a PVE host. Just like Windows does not officially support...
  9. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    Not sure, but is it maybe just the missing ' ? That could also be the case. I created the user on pbs, so that is why I am using that. I also just gave it full admin rights and deleted the user afterwards.
  10. I

    PBS with slow backend

    Depends. Rsync should be pretty good at batching metadata over slow networks. AFAIK the bottlneck should be the storage metadata performance. PBS on the other hand reads ALL you lokal data, and creates a hash. So you lokal storage and CPU performance could be a bottleneck. ZFS send would...
  11. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    Yeah, my redacted IPv6 Jup, not a problem. Proxmox GUI just displays the pools, no matter how they are created. But you probably could also create it in the webGUI.
  12. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    proxmox-backup-client benchmark --repository mybackupstore For me, that was something like this: proxmox-backup-client benchmark --repository 'test@pbs@[2001:XXXXXXXXXXXX::f691]:8007:poolBackup' Correct, I suggest you create multiple mirrors inside the same vdev. So basically a stripe over all...
  13. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    Then the TLS speed should be your bottleneck, since the PBS storage is too slow to write above 200MB/s. That is pretty bad for 2-4MB chunks IMHO. But to be expected with a 6 wide RAIDZ2. You could switch to mirrors, that way you should be able to get 500MB/s, at which point other bottlenecks...
  14. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    Run the benchmark on PVE with PBS as destination. Then run the benchmark again on PBS. Post both results
  15. I

    PBS ZFS disk speed thoughts option

    First of all, what are we talking about? What do you mean by "migrating"? Is it the backup from PVE to PBS speed you are unhappy with?