NFS Permission

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
So we've created iSCSI LVM for storing system images but for the templates and ISOs, we store them on 2 NFS storage units. However, whenever we try to install a VM, it keeps giving us permission denied, etc - I assume its because we're not allowed to execute these commands on the remote NFS - we've tried this with OSNexus and OpenFiler - any ideas?

One of the VMs had all these errors but managed to start up anyway - the rest will not startup

So we've created iSCSI LVM for storing system images but for the templates and ISOs, we store them on 2 NFS storage units. However, whenever we try to install a VM, it keeps giving us permission denied, etc - I assume its because we're not allowed to execute these commands on the remote NFS - we've tried this with OSNexus and OpenFiler - any ideas?

One of the VMs had all these errors but managed to start up anyway - the rest will not startup
Define install? If install means creating a VM The NFS share has to have permissions to contain images. http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model#NFS_Share

It has permissions to contain images, isos etc. I think the issue is to be able to run as room but I've enabled no_root_squash already

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!