unable to start vzdump in interactive mode

lordhanuman

Renowned Member
Jan 2, 2010
Hi all
Hi have my proxmox server e i have schedule the backup in cron and all run,
but when i launch vzdump from the shell from root user exit whitout response ,and whitout write any messages in the log files

i have tried from web gui and this is the error

INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 100 --remove 0 --mode snapshot --compress lzo --storage NAS --node server
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 100 (qemu)
INFO: status = running
INFO: no such VM ('100')
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed - command 'qm set 100 --lock backup' failed: exit code 2
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

Last edited:
Then you also need to move the VM configs to the correct location in /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/

i tried to copy the destination directory is empry but is not possible to copy the files

# cp -Rf qemu-server /etc/pve/nodes/destination/
cp: impossibile creare il file regolare "/etc/pve/nodes/destination/qemu-server/101.conf": Il file esiste
cp: impossibile creare il file regolare "/etc/pve/nodes/destination/qemu-server/104.conf": Il file esiste
cp: impossibile creare il file regolare "/etc/pve/nodes/destination/qemu-server/102.conf": Il file esiste
cp: impossibile creare il file regolare "/etc/pve/nodes/destination/qemu-server/105.conf": Il file esiste
cp: impossibile creare il file regolare "/etc/pve/nodes/destination/qemu-server/100.conf": Il file esiste
cp: impossibile creare il file regolare "/etc/pve/nodes/destination/qemu-server/103.conf": Il file esiste

thanks
Daniele

You need to move the files (mv). Our cluster file system make sure that there is only one copy.

umm ther is a problem
mv:umable to move "source/" in "destination": the directory is not empty
thanks

ouch!!!!

Restarting pve cluster filesystem: pve-cluster[database] crit: missing directory inode (inode = 000000000000021F)
[database] crit: DB load failed
[main] crit: memdb_open failed - unable to open database '/var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db'
[main] notice: exit proxmox configuration filesystem (-1)
(warning).

ook i have delete the file
nad renamed the directory in /etc/pv/nodes/corretcnale
now the node not view the storagea and it's unable to add lvm group
in the storage group

i have tried to scan from shell with command
pvesm lvmscan and this is the output
Undefined subroutine &PVE::Storage::lvm_vgs called at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Storage/Scan.pm line 158, <DATA> line 522.

Last edited:
pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.1-12 (pve-manager/2.1/be112d89)
running kernel: 2.6.32-13-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.1-72
pve-kernel-2.6.32-13-pve: 2.6.32-72
pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve: 2.6.32-68
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.3-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.92-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.8-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-27
qemu-server: 2.0-45
pve-firmware: 1.0-17
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-28
libpve-access-control: 1.0-24
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-26
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.1-6
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

i have recreated manually the file /etc/pve/storage.cfg for the lvm

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!