undefined (Code: 1006) when using GUI Node console in domains (Using GUI IP works fine)

Skyrider

May 11, 2020
So I've created a subdomain for my Proxmox GUI, and it's working nicely. I did however notice that every time I attempt to use the console within the proxmox gui (either the main server console or node consoles), I get the message "undefined (Code: 1006)" on the console screen. But when I use the console through the Gui IP address (rather than the sub-domain), the console is working as it should.

Any idea as to why this is?

Regards,
Skyrider

hi,

you should adapt the /etc/hosts file to reflect the subdomain

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for the delay.

The hosts file is actually reflecting my servers ip / subdomain.

IP subdomain hostname

Still having the same issue (even after a server restart)

check /etc/hostname file as well.

is this PVE part of a cluster or standalone node?

Thanks for replying!

1660127327333.png
And hostname --fqdn confirms it as well that it's set right.

And it's a standalone node.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying!

View attachment 39852
And hostname --fqdn confirms it as well that it's set right.

And it's a standalone node.
are you using maybe reverse proxy such as nginx proxy manager? Also, are you using SSL for internal domains? Note, not external SSL such as from Let's Encrypt etc. I mean that you are the CA of the SSL in order to access the Web GUI through the domain name?

are you using maybe reverse proxy such as nginx proxy manager? Also, are you using SSL for internal domains? Note, not external SSL such as from Let's Encrypt etc. I mean that you are the CA of the SSL in order to access the Web GUI through the domain name?
Yes I am actually, to both. (Reverse Proxy & Lets Encrypt SSL). That does really matter that much that I'm not using an internal SSL?

Yes I am actually, to both. (Reverse Proxy & Lets Encrypt SSL). That does really matter that much that I'm not using an internal SSL?
I guess you didn't get my question, sorry for not being so clear. If you are using nginx proxy manager (npm), in case you're using external domain and SSL from Let's Encrypt that shouldn't be that hard at all. In case you're using it with your own created certificate and you are the CA and hold a wildcard cert. Then its important that websockets support is checked as in two lowest figures (section -> For internal domain).

Here I have two npm instances, one for internal domain names and one for external. I can choose to use either the internal domain name to access the webui with my own wildcard SSL cert as well as external with my wildcard SSL from Cloudflare. Hope this can solve your problem.

For external domain
SSL-with-LetsEncrypt1.pngSSL-with-LetsEncrypt2.png

For internal domain name (LAN)
SSL-without-LE-for-internaldomain1.pngSSL-without-LE-for-internaldomain2.png

Don't forgot to import you CA cert into Chrome/Firefox in case you want to skip the warning message.

Last edited:
I'm using a reverse proxy without the manager. Found it easier to deal with the access/error logs with crowdsec installed.

Hi,

While this is an old thread, I was having exactly the same problem, and this answer is exactly what I needed.

Thank you!

Reactions: stanikz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!