[SOLVED] VNC Connection refused on certain VMs

you have to connect to your PVE host for the VNC session, the port number will determine the VM that you're connecting to.

Reactions: NE78
Oh goodness......... all of this time and I just needed to do that! Thank you both for the help. It's my fault- some how I assumed that I need to sign into the IP of the device like you would on a non-virtualized device.

Thanks again!

Oh goodness......... all of this time and I just needed to do that! Thank you both for the help. It's my fault- some how I assumed that I need to sign into the IP of the device like you would on a non-virtualized device.
the VNC service runs on the PVE server (because it's started by QEMU, running outside of the VM).

glad to be of help, please mark the thread as [SOLVED] :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!