R720xd Installation on lsi 9207-4i4e

Hello again,

I removed the lsi 9207-4i4e.
I installed the proxmox on H710 mini d1. This card is IT mode (https://fohdeesha.com/docs/H710-D1.html) and i have added the optionals boots such us Bios and UEFI.
1651743888609.png
1651743909798.png
1651743945852.png

lsi.jpg

I tried the installation with Uefi. The proxmox installation finished without errors.
When it boots it stucks to this below

aaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg

but It works with BIOS BOOT.
Do you think that its stable to continue?

Thank you

Reactions: stefgrifon
Thank you all for your help,
I combined the solution of these 2 persons Stoiko Ivanov & MMartinez and i
updated the proxmox and it worked perfectly!

Hello,

I tried the installation with Uefi, zfs raid1 the proxmox 7.2-1 in BOSS pcie card 2x250g m2 (r720xd with h710 mini it mode). The proxmox installation finished without errors.

When it boots it stucks to this below. I can boot by id like on the screenshot.

x1.png

I changed also these.

a) edit /etc/default/grub and add "rootdelay=10" at GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT (i.e. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="rootdelay=10 quiet") and then issue a # update-grub

b) edit /etc/default/zfs, set ZFS_INITRD_PRE_MOUNTROOT_SLEEP='4', and then issue a "update-initramfs -k 4.2.6-1-pve -u"

but if I make restart then the boot stuck and I need to import again the zpool id for continuing to boot.

Can you help me please?

The error is 'more than one matching pool'

meaning on some of the disks in the system there's still signatures from an old install, which did not get wiped

The easiest way (if you don't mind losing the data on the system) - is running wipefs -a on all disks in the system, and sgdisk -Z ... and then installing PVE on those you want

else you can of course import the pool by its ud (7385052562545441380) and in the running system, carefully, and after making backups, ... wipe those disks which still have the signatures

I hope this helps!

Reactions: stefgrifon

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!