Enable 2nd NIC with another subnet

Chow

Apr 28, 2008
Hi, just installed Proxmox 2. I would like to have my second NIC running another subnet than my first NIC. I'm not able to give it another gateway so can't ping it.. How should I proceed?

Hi, just installed Proxmox 2. I would like to have my second NIC running another subnet than my first NIC. I'm not able to give it another gateway so can't ping it.. How should I proceed?
Hi,
your pve-host don't need an IP on the second nic. It's enough to use this network from the VMs.
Simply add an second bridge (create -> bridge; select autostart and enter bridge port (eth1)) and do an reboot. After that you can create VM wich have a network to the new bridge and test the network.

Udo

Udo & Chow,

I've been trying to do exactly this, but it doesn't work for me for some reason.

I just posted my setup in a new thread. If anyone of you can look at it and make any comments, that would be great.

I'm running PVE 3.1.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!