Errore restore files PBS

frankz

Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone, I can't extract VM files from the backup, it signals this error to me:

err.png

hi,

do you see any other error message in the task logs? (Administration -> Tasks and double click the failed task)

what is the output from proxmox-backup-manager versions --verbose

hi,

do you see any other error message in the task logs? (Administration -> Tasks and double click the failed task)

what is the output from proxmox-backup-manager versions --verbose
roxmox-backup 2.1-1 running kernel: 5.13.19-1-pve
proxmox-backup-server 2.1.2-1 running version: 2.1.2
pve-kernel-5.13 7.1-4
pve-kernel-helper 7.1-4
pve-kernel-5.11 7.0-10
pve-kernel-5.4 6.4-4
pve-kernel-5.13.19-1-pve 5.13.19-3
pve-kernel-5.11.22-7-pve 5.11.22-12
pve-kernel-5.4.124-1-pve 5.4.124-1
pve-kernel-5.4.65-1-pve 5.4.65-1
ifupdown2 3.1.0-1+pmx3
libjs-extjs 7.0.0-1
proxmox-backup-docs 2.1.2-1
proxmox-backup-client 2.1.2-1
proxmox-mini-journalreader 1.2-1
proxmox-widget-toolkit 3.4-3
pve-xtermjs 4.12.0-1
smartmontools 7.2-pve2
zfsutils-linux 2.1.1-pve3

Here is the PBS task without any error, it seems that the error comes from the cluster .
pbs err.png

Cluster :

cr.png

can you also check the task log from the PBS?

are you running PVE and PBS on the same node?

can you also check the task log from the PBS?

are you running PVE and PBS on the same node?
Hi Oguz, the PBS is on a dedicated server. However, I restarted the 3 nodes of the cluster one by one, now it seems that it does not give error after last restarting the 1 NODE. I don't understand.
Maybe you had to restart to load the new Kernel? However, the cluster only reported that error from the GUI.

Last edited:
Maybe you had to restart to load the new Kernel? However, the cluster only reported that error from the GUI.
yes that could be. generally speaking after a kernel upgrade you should reboot as soon as possible to avoid errors :)

yes that could be. generally speaking after a kernel upgrade you should reboot as soon as possible to avoid errors :)
Yes, okay, but why did I restart the first two and it gave an error, only by restarting the first node last resumed? I am writing this to you in order to remove any doubt and make PBS and PVE work at its best.

Yes, okay, but why did I restart the first two and it gave an error, only by restarting the first node last resumed? I am writing this to you in order to remove any doubt and make PBS and PVE work at its best.
i'm not sure what state your nodes were in before the reboots so it's hard to say for certain.

if the error comes up again in a reproducible fashion please post the details :)

i'm not sure what state your nodes were in before the reboots so it's hard to say for certain.

if the error comes up again in a reproducible fashion please post the details :)
Of course! Thank you for your immediate reply at the moment.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!