Centos 8 CSF Firewall VM problems

lps90

May 21, 2020
Hi

I installed centos web panel in a vm and in a container with centos 7 and centos 8 (Proxmox 7).
(i've tested both systems)

The thing is, when i enable csf firewall in centos web panel i completely
loose access to the panel (even with my ip added to the whitelist rules).
I contacted Centos web panel support, they connected to my server and after checking they told me:
"you've issues with backend whenever csf is on the network goes down."

Anyone using Proxmox 7 + Centos web panel with no firewall problems?

*I really want to use Proxmox 7 since it is released, but i am facing so many problems / incompatibilities
that i am really thinking about going back to Proxmox 6 (really simple, no problems like this kind of things, full compatibility with all systems i ever tried...).

Thanks

Last edited:
No one knows why centos 8 stream csf firewall cancels the VM network connection when activated?

Centos 8 Stream VM
Proxmox 7

So basically no one is using csf firewall with centos in proxmox 7?
Or centos web panel in proxmox 7?
I already paid centos web panel support so they can solve the problem,
but after some time searching for the solution they told me that the reason why csf is
disabling the centos vm network is because of proxmox 7 (backend problem).
In case someone want to help me find the possible solution, i can give access to my proxmox 7 machine.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!