PBS - chunks error after update

@fabian - it is the newest PBS 8.15 as i remember - the last update done is 10.09.2020 at night!
I all created over the the GUI in PVE and PBS -
what do you mean with FS?
have a nice day
vinc

ext4, ZFS, xfs, ..

ZFS i would say
in the PBS GUI i go to the disk an create a ZFS (i think i don't have the option for ext4, zfs, xfs) datastore just with the one (Virtuell DISK added in the PVE) - which a bit later shows up as Backupplace

okay. can you try zpool import inside the PBS VM?

zpool import should list any pools it can import, then you can do zpool import POOLNAME for each listed pool to import it.

Hello @fabian
back to live
# zpool import
pool: vPBS01-scsi2
id: 3651709336693060727
state: ONLINE
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier.
config:

vPBS01-scsi2 ONLINE
scsi-0QEMU_QEMU_HARDDISK_drive-scsi2 ONLINE

pool: vPBS01-scsi1
id: 3319721034351659815
state: ONLINE
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier.
config:

vPBS01-scsi1 ONLINE
scsi-0QEMU_QEMU_HARDDISK_drive-scsi1 ONLINE

then i have done the import as you wrote and it did work

at the end i had to delete the test Datastore
with
# proxmox-backup-manager datastore
you got the list and with
proxmox-backup-manager datastore remove vPBS01-scsi3
it was removed

Thanks for your help und Geduld!

but - why did they go lost?

have a nice day
vinc

Last edited:
can you run 'zpool enable zfs-import-scan and systemctl disable zfs-import-cache and see if the datastores come back up on reboot?

Hello @fabian
i have done a shutdon and later restartet the VM!
I did not used your commands in poste #28
The restart was OK and the pool are up and running and backup works too.
have a nice day
vinc

Backup Server 0.8-16 BETA

hello I have problems this is my error, someone has managed to solve and I checked everything and it is not by disk or connection
Thanks

INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 111 --mode snapshot --node s1 --remove 0 --storage FTP
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 111 (qemu)
INFO: Backup started at 2021-04-13 14:40:56
INFO: status = running
INFO: VM Name: Server-Dude
INFO: include disk 'ide0' 'local-lvm:vm-111-disk-1' 20G
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/111/2021-04-13T19:40:56Z'
ERROR: VM 111 qmp command 'backup' failed - proxmox_backup_new failed: unable to parse repository url 'root@pam@192.168.30.164:/backup'
INFO: aborting backup job
ERROR: Backup of VM 111 failed - VM 111 qmp command 'backup' failed - proxmox_backup_new failed: unable to parse repository url 'root@pam@192.168.30.164:/backup'
INFO: Failed at 2021-04-13 14:40:57
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

unable to parse repository url 'root@pam@192.168.30.164:/backup'
that repository url is wrong, the datastore name cannot begin with '/'. you have to put the name of the datastore, not the path

that repository url is wrong, the datastore name cannot begin with '/'. you have to put the name of the datastore, not the path
Hello, thanks for the clarification as I am new and where I work we set up a clouster, with the backup proxmox server, when creating the storage it appears with a question mark in all nodes.
On the directory I would not know which one to place since I am trying and I get this error and thank you

NFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 111 --storage FTP --remove 0 --node s1 --mode snapshot
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 111 (qemu)
INFO: Backup started at 2021-04-14 07:48:57
INFO: status = running
INFO: VM Name: Server-Dude
INFO: include disk 'ide0' 'local-lvm:vm-111-disk-1' 20G
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/111/2021-04-14T12:48:57Z'
ERROR: VM 111 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: no such datastore 'udev'
INFO: aborting backup job
ERROR: Backup of VM 111 failed - VM 111 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: no such datastore 'udev'
INFO: Failed at 2021-04-14 07:48:57
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

I tried to create a folder but neither, I don't know what I could put in the datastore

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
hello again I solved, I needed to create a user only for this process, excuse me but I'm new and thanks

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 33

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!