Unlock vGPU functionality for consumer grade GPUs

onlineapps

Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys, maybe someone can try and test this Solution?, who have These GPU, and post tutorial, how to integrate in proxmox (If it's possible). thanks best regards

spent a whole night to risk my stable system and tested the vgpu unlock.

In short, it works.
My set up is 3900X + 128GB RAM + GTX1080 (single GPU)
So I have to use the merge driver approach

Before using vGPU my GPU is wholely passthrough to windows guest.
With vGPU set up, I need to setup desktop mode in proxmox, and pass a vgpu to windows and change it to P6000.

The performance is terrible. especially requiring setting up looking glass to obtain the frame buffer.

After 30 minutes, I start to revert back to my original setup. But I have already install too much junk in proxmox, which make the restoration extremely difficult.

Reactions: Dunuin
Now I am going to try another combination. I have a spare 1050ti and would like to use it for 4 x 1GB gpu for VM.
And the main gpu to passthrough to a single vm.

Problem is both are nvidia and blacklisting driver may be difficult.

Any utdate on this one?
Now I have tested using vGPU on 1050ti, and uses 1080 to complete passthrough to a single VM.
It runs perfectly fine but needed to make sure to use a compatible version of driver (I used 460).
Both host and client need the same version of driver for compatibility.

It tested a 2GB vRAM profile which runs GTAV fine.

just upgraded to 5.13 kernel and broke the vgpu driver.
And reinstalling driver did not work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!