Tuxis launches free Proxmox Backup Server BETA service

@tuxis @fabian The backups are still not being verified and I can still not access Verify Jobs tab, being shown permission check failed when accessing /api2/json/admin/verify

I do seem to have Datastore.Verify permission however?

Attachments

• chrome_2020-11-08_00-34-04.png
    chrome_2020-11-08_00-34-04.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
you need proxmox-backup-server >= 0.9.7-1

Hi

Due to many failed backups and failed verifies, I've decided to delete all the backups and restart from a clean datastore.

But there is still bad chunks :
1605171822269.png

Do you know how to delete them ?

Thanks

Hi

Due to many failed backups and failed verifies, I've decided to delete all the backups and restart from a clean datastore.

But there is still bad chunks :
View attachment 21137

Do you know how to delete them ?

Thanks

wait a day, then run GC again.

I removed all backups last Friday and ran GC manually and automatically next days until this morning.
But there is still bad chunks

1605174461496.png

Reactions: fabian
Hi,

Just noticed that Tuxis TLS certificate has expired since nov 19 th

Antoine

Hi,

@tuxis Do you plan to upgrade PBS to 1.0-5 soon ? (in order to get rid of unused bad-chunks)

Thanks

Hi @TwiX. As announced, the beta server will be decommissioned the 18th of December 2020. I just upgraded pbs.tuxis.nl with the no-subscription-update so the bad-chunks might be fixed.

Please note that we have deployed our first official PBS-server yesterday, which also has a 150G-for-free plan. See https://www.tuxis.nl/en/proxmox-backup-server/ for more information.

Reactions: alsicorp
Any thought on how to remove the beta from Storage?

All I get is "delete storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: got lock request timeout (500)" and loads of errors in syslog.

pvestatd[4098]: Tuxis_Backup_Beta: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to pbs.tuxis.nl:8007 (Name or service not known)

Any thought on how to remove the beta from Storage?

All I get is "delete storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: got lock request timeout (500)" and loads of errors in syslog.

pvestatd[4098]: Tuxis_Backup_Beta: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to pbs.tuxis.nl:8007 (Name or service not known)

that means that PVE was not able to obtain a cluster wide lock for modifying storage.cfg, which usually means that your cluster is not quorate...

No cluster here.
systemctl restarted a couple of pve services, after that i could disable this Storage, and delete it.

Probably a full disk was one of the cause:
"unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/pve4/lrm_status.tmp.4655' - Input/output error"

Solved.

how do you implement this technically? Do you need a local PBS that replicates to your PBS?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!