iSCSI help with Proxmox 6.2-15

jeremyricci

May 9, 2020
Hi All,

I was able to successfully get an iscsi target hooked into my environment. As a test I created a vm - but it obviously used the entire 2tb disk. I then read that I should create an LVM on top of the iscsi and went through the setup wizard only to find the cfg.lock problem that seems to plague everyone. At that point, someone suggested to destroy the volume on my LenovoEMC px6-300d (which I did). I created a new iscsi volume and mapped it back to the hosts and unchecked "use Luns directly" per another suggestion.

When I attempt to create an LVM on the iscsi volume, I am now faced with the error pictured in the screenshot attached "prox-iscsi02.jpg". The first picture "prox-iscsi01.jpg" is just a screenshot of the settings used for the creation.

There does not appear to be a lot of info on this, although I did some articles referencing Proxmox 5 none of these seemed very helpful.

Does anyone have any shoves in the right direction I can chase down? It seems I'm half-pregnant and it's possibly something fairly obvious that I am just not seeing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• prox-iscsi01.JPG
    prox-iscsi01.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 9
  • prox-iscsi02.JPG
    prox-iscsi02.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 9
Each host has 8 I believe but I am only using 1 or 2 of each, do you think adding additional adapters might be the issue?

probably useful to post the output of

cat etc/pve/storage.cfg

and

pvesm status

to aid diagnosis

D9oe
probably useful to post the output of

cat etc/pve/storage.cfg

and

pvesm status

to aid diagnosis
Here is a screenshot of both commands. I also did just install multipath-tools on both nodes since that seems to be a consensus requirement

Attachments

• proxmox-cmd1.JPG
    proxmox-cmd1.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 6
if you use more of one network adapter for iscsi you need to configure multipath.......
I have only 1 nic enabled on each node and the iscsi nas has 2 nics which are load balancing for the record it's a Lenovo EMC PX6-300d

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!