Will Proxmox hold emails....

Nov 8, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for all the support you are providing.

I have a question to ask about the following:
I have an Exchange Server that acts as my mail server. I will have to shutdown my mail server for few hours but I am worried about incoming emails that might be coming in while my mail server is off.

Question: Will Proxmox hold incoming emails and keep it till connection to my Exchange mail server is restored? or Will I loose my incoming emails?

My assumption is that Proxmox will hold emails and they will start flowing in after mail server gets back online, right?

Thank you
Regards

Hi,
Thanks for all the support you are providing.

I have a question to ask about the following:
I have an Exchange Server that acts as my mail server. I will have to shutdown my mail server for few hours but I am worried about incoming emails that might be coming in while my mail server is off.

Question: Will Proxmox hold incoming emails and keep it till connection to my Exchange mail server is restored? or Will I loose my incoming emails?

My assumption is that Proxmox will hold emails and they will start flowing in after mail server gets back online, right?

Thank you
Regards

yes.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!