Proxmox 6.0-1 installation aborted no working leases in persistent database - sleeping

vm_guy

Apr 16, 2017
I can't get proxmox to install i keep getting this message

installation aborted no working leases - sleeping.
done
\.iInstallation aborted - unable to continue

proxmox1.png

screen.png

i put in my usb, and it loads to the main proxmox screen, i then click install proxmox and it goes to a black screen, does a bunch of stuff then finally i get the no working leases screen,

i have attached a jpg with the error screen

using Proxmox 6.0-1
the server is connected to my network,

any idea?

Last edited:
please start in debug mode, press ctrl+d once, and post the full output and the file /tmp/install.log obtained from the shell you get dumped into.

i started in debug mode and pressed ctrl+d once, here is the output

also, there is no install.log file in the tmp folder

proxmox-min.png

the dhcp seems to be working now as i am getting an ip but i still can't install it,
i seem to be getting a "Timeout too large reducing to: 2147483646 (TIME_MAX - 1)"

and there is still nothing in the tmp folder

promox11-min.png

Last edited:
can you retry with the 6.1 iso? maybe running "dmesg" will provide further clues as to what goes wrong.. you can also try restarting the installer from the second debug shell by running xinit

I made a 6.1 iso and same problem,

here is the screenshots after trying dmesg and xinit

pro1-min.png pro2-min.png prox4-min.png prox5-min.png prox8-min.png prox9-min.png

could you post the full X log (as text, you can mount and copy to USB or NFS in the debug shell), and describe the hardware?

I can't post it because the forum won't allow more than 1000 characters, i attached a log.txt instead

hardware:
HP Compaq dc7800
Intel Core 2 Quad - Q9300 @2.50GHz
On-board video
8gb ram
230gb ssd

Attachments

• log.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 28
seems like the on-board video card is too old to support our default graphics setup. if you have a spare extra lying around, plugging that in should help. you can also try with "nomodeset i915.modeset=0" added to the kernel command line, or with a manually crafted xorg.conf. finally, you can also install plain Debian, and then install PVE on top

i didn't have a spare video card lying around, i might be getting on next month

what i did was, i put the hard drive in my other computer, installed proxmox and then put the hard drive back the old desktop

and it works,

i installed a virtual machine and it runs fine

i found some video cards online for 20 bucks, would it benefit me if i had a video card?

is it really necessary other than installation? will a video card make my virtual machines faster?

Last edited:
i didn't have a spare video card lying around, i might be getting on next month

what i did was, i put the hard drive in my other computer, installed proxmox and then put the hard drive back the old desktop

and it works,

i installed a virtual machine and it runs fine

i found some video cards online for 20 bucks, would it benefit me if i had a video card?

is it really necessary other than installation? will a video card make my virtual machines faster?

yes, it's just needed for the installation (and what you did with pre-installing on another system is a good workaround, the only things which are system dependent are default swap size and EFI boot, as well as the DHCP-assigned default IP config if that is MAC-derived).

Reactions: vm_guy
I can't get proxmox to install i keep getting this message

installation aborted no working leases - sleeping.
done
\.iInstallation aborted - unable to continue

View attachment 13495

View attachment 12029

i put in my usb, and it loads to the main proxmox screen, i then click install proxmox and it goes to a black screen, does a bunch of stuff then finally i get the no working leases screen,

i have attached a jpg with the error screen

using Proxmox 6.0-1
the server is connected to my network,

any idea?

Did you try burning the iso image from Linux, Linux Mint or Ubuntu?

I had this same issue for Proxmox 6.0 and 6.1 and rebooting UEFI or Legacy boot did not help. I even tried nomodeset and other cmd line and re-downloading and creating USB bootable again. Later on I realized debugging that this was 100% videocard fault due to proxmox does not include full xorg service drivers.

The problem is I connected my DVI to an adapter that converts DVI to HDMI then that HDMI connects to my 4K monitor.
Ubuntu understands this complexity and can work with it but lots of other Linux don't understand DVI being converted to protected HDMI signal without the protection signal (I am looking at you Debian).

Solution is my videocard happen to have a Display port and so did my Monitor. I directed connected Display port to both the computer and the monitor and bam everything works. It booted to the installer GUI and I was able to install fine.

seems like the on-board video card is too old to support our default graphics setup. if you have a spare extra lying around, plugging that in should help. you can also try with "nomodeset i915.modeset=0" added to the kernel command line, or with a manually crafted xorg.conf. finally, you can also install plain Debian, and then install PVE on top
I have exactly the same problem as vm_guy but my system is brand new. It's an ASUS PN50. Is there any way Proxmox could create an installer that didn't cause these problems because of the graphics card? Would be super handy. Just trying to install 6.4-1 iso now to see if that works...

No, same thing. Will try the Debian first route or try the M.2 drive in my laptop and then replace it.... Surely there must be an easier way than this?

There's some great instructions here:
https://ravenhawktech.com/index.php/2020/08/28/install-proxmox-ve-6-2-on-debian-buster/

Last edited:
a text-mode installer is something we'd really like to have, but it requires disentangling some parts of the installer first. it is on our todo list!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!