Moving OSD?

paradox55

May 31, 2019
Hi!

How would I go about moving encrypted OSD's between nodes?

I've moved some around and not only is ceph not detecting the drives it's not even showing the new hosts (they all have ceph installed) in the osd tree.

This was actually a pretty weird issue that required multiple node restarts after moving the OSD. Both the old node and new node had to be down, and IIRC if the old node was still running when restarting the new node it still wouldn't detect the osd correctly.

So likely an issue with quarium or something.

I did not have to do any commands, just multiple reboots.

I did not have to do any commands, just multiple reboots.
Ok, depends on the Ceph versions. The commands from the thread are for Nautilus.

So likely an issue with quarium or something.
More likely that the Ceph services needed a restart to de/register the OSDs on the proper location.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!