[SOLVED] multicast/UDP Flood

Taser

Oct 18, 2019
Hey,
I'm getting a lot of multicast requests from proxmox,
I'm currently running 15 nodes from which 13 are online ( 2 at other location with no network )

screenshot from Wireshark:

1571392479823.png

is there any way I can lower these requests?

Hey,
I'm getting a lot of multicast requests from proxmox,
I'm currently running 15 nodes from which 13 are online ( 2 at other location with no network )

screenshot from Wireshark:

View attachment 12377

is there any way I can lower these requests?
HI,
these packets are coming from corosync and are essential for it to work as intended!

but so many ?
its flooding quite alot.
getting 20 ish packets a second
This is nothing unusual, especially if you have many nodes. Do you experience any issues?

This is nothing unusual, especially if you have many nodes. Do you experience any issues?
WIth the nodes/proxmox itself not,
but my whole network gets alot of packets.
also thanks for taking your time replying to me.

no i have not done this yet.
should it be just its own subnet or ?
is there a way to "delay" the syncs ?
No, it should be on a physically separate network as corosync requires low latency to work. Delaying the syncs is not what you want.

No, it should be on a physically separate network as corosync requires low latency to work. Delaying the syncs is not what you want.
struggle of life my man.... hah
also is vlans an option ?
is there any way to make it "peer to peer" instead of multicast ?

Last edited:
>>but my whole network gets alot of packets.

enable igmp snooping and igmp querier on your physical switch to filter multicast.

Another way is to use a dedicated vlan for proxmox corosync
will setup vlans tomorrow.
thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!