apmuthu

Feb 26, 2009
Chennai - India & Singapore
github.com
Reference file:
Code:
/etc/vz/conf/VEID.conf
like for example where VEID is 118, the file is 118.conf

In ProxMox v1.3, the parameter DESCRIPTION was present and showed up under Notes in the GUI for the Virtual machine created.

From ProxMox v1.4 onwards, the parameter is missing and will appear only if manually entered from the GUI.

Test on both versions with the same make files and the same version of DAB - v1.1-6. The VMs created on both versions have the same /etc/appliance.info contents.

Only the GUI appears to be the culprit - while unbundling the template - and making the conf file.

Last edited:
From ProxMox v1.4 onwards, the parameter is missing and will appear only if manually entered from the GUI.

Yes, there is no description if the user does not enter something. What is the problem with that? Do you want the description from the template?

Yes, you are right - the two are different. When the VM is created, the description headline will serve as a place holder till we put in something specific to the VM.

The only place in the code I can deduce so far is in vmlist/create.htm :
Code:
       if (my $pkginfo = PVE::APLInfo::pkginfo ($fdat{ostemplate})) {
  $settings->{description} = PVE::HTMLUtils::encode_description ($pkginfo->{headline});
       }

The place where the applinfo is parsed is in Config.pm:
Code:
     if ($rec =~ s/^Description:\s*([^\n]*)(\n\s+.*)*$//si) {
  $res->{headline} = $1;
Please let me know where the $settings are hard coded to be passed onto the vmcreate command.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!