wake up nfs server before backup vm possible?

tony blue

Dec 26, 2017
Hello,

I am running a nfs-server to save the backups of my proxmox server.

This time I start the nfs-server manual via etherwake and after this i start the backup of the virtual machines via web-interface manual on the proxmox.

So I ask: Is it possible to start the nfs-server automaticly by wol before the timecontrolled backups on the web-Interface were started?

Thank you!

Tony

So I ask: Is it possible to start the nfs-server automaticly by wol before the timecontrolled backups on the web-Interface were started?

Automatically? No, but you can add a cron job half an hour before your back jobs starts and mount in the storage via pvesm.

Thank you!

The nfs-Backupserver should go down after the backup of the virtual machines. Is there any way to check if the backup-process is ready so the nfs-backupserver can go down?

Is there any way to check if the backup-process is ready so the nfs-backupserver can go down?

Good question. You could grep the process list and look for vzdump processes or look at the log files. You can also use the autogenerated mail as a good trigger. The mail is only sent if the backup process terminates.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!