Dont bounce any emails but quarantine them

MnM

May 12, 2016
Hello,

I hope someone can help me - new install and I have some emails bounced.
I dont want to bounce any emails - I rather quarantine them.
Can someone help me and let me know how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Bouncing usually result in that the recipient is not available. So it seems, that are incoming mails and you activated the option to check the recipient, so maybe your mail system does not support verified recipients. So you should either enable this option on your destination system or disable the check in PMG, which may result in more spam comming in as some spammers just test combinations of addresses, if there is a recipient, your destination system will then send NDR, which result in bad behaviour as you could be recognized as backscatterer.

Thanks. It is now sorted - it was the mail server that was behaving like that.

One more question - i have started training SA with sa-learn (HAM and SPAM).
sa-learn runs as root on the PMG. Does this mean that whatever it learns will apply globally to all users?

Thanks. It is now sorted - it was the mail server that was behaving like that.

One more question - i have started training SA with sa-learn (HAM and SPAM).
sa-learn runs as root on the PMG. Does this mean that whatever it learns will apply globally to all users?

Yes, you're right. You need to learn at least 200 spam and 200 ham to get bayes filter start working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!