Windows Server 2012R2 VM does use only one Core

Dec 2, 2018
Germany
lukas-neubauer.de
Hey there,

I've got the following setup:
- Windows 10 -> VmWare -> ProxMox 5.2 -> WIndows Server 2012R2

This Setup is for a test purpose only on my PC but I've planned to use this on a VPS from an external Host.
Because of this KVM is disable atm.

My Problem:
The Win2k12R2 VM is verry slow and in the Taskmanager it shows all Cores are used fully.
win2k12r2 server.PNG
The Proxmox Webview shows that there is only a total CPU Usage of this VM of about 20%.

proxmoxoverview.PNG

And on my windows 10 Workstation in the Console "htop" shows this usage, that corrosponds with my Workstations CPU usage.
vmwareauslastung.PNG

I don't think that Proxmox is the problem at this point. Pretty sure It's me just forgetting a low of things to configure.
Thanks ahead.

Lukas

for qemu to use more than 1 thread you have to use 'kvm' (no idea if this could work nested this way, i guess not)

Reactions: Lukas Neubauer

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!