Block access to manager router

redxlus

Apr 4, 2018
Hello everybody.
I'm a bit noob with the topic of networks but what I wanted to do seemed very simple.

As the title says I want to block access to the router and the proxmox console among others in an VM.
I did not find any information about it on the internet but it occurred to me that the access to the router is by browser the same as proxmox, so if I block the access with the firewall it should not allow access.

I have not succeeded. I leave the captures here.

001.png 002.png 003.png 004.png

did you also activate the firewall on the nic of the vm? hardware->nic-> check firewall
(and possibly also on the datacenter level)

Reactions: redxlus
did you also activate the firewall on the nic of the vm? hardware->nic-> check firewall
(and possibly also on the datacenter level)

Yes, I had forgotten to activate it in the data center. My fault!
But another flaw was that it had to be OUT not IN
but it works perfectly. Thank you!

Now I have another small problem, I had another machine with OpenVpn and even if I have disabled the firewall on that machine it does not work. It is a machine with ubuntu no container.
Do I have to create a rule at the data center level?
I already have the ports open in the router. UDP 1194. But I do not know what the norm would be like in the proxmox firewall interface

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!