Backup - Restore

spearox

Renowned Member
Jun 6, 2013
Hello!

I would like to ask about backup and restore. If i use the pmgbackup command I get a full backup?
Spam learn database too? So if I have a fully running mailgw and I would like to reinstall I can use it and I don't lose anything along with spam learn db etc?

Thanks.

You can find in my advancing PMG thread a backup script with ftp sync, I wrote. I tried to include PMG backup as well as all paths, I believe, which are necessary (for sure additional the ones of my adjustments as well). However, to have a really full backup, you should use a backup tool or if you're running PMG in a manageable environment (not on a dedicated hardware but any kind of virtualization), use the virtualization backup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!