Cluster Not Ready - No Quorum

tasya

Apr 18, 2018
hai..

I have question.

I have 5 nodes that join on 1 cluster. all working properly till the day we had a little renovation work in server room. so I shut down all the nodes one by one cut off electrical power. and went I turn in on - on all nodes I got warning Cluster Not Ready - No Quorum. I can't start all the vm even on 1 nodes. cause it is very urgent situation, I used this solution to get the vm on https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager#pvecm_separate_node_without_reinstall .

upload_2018-5-18_21-5-12.png

then I can start the vm. after that I need to backup my vm but 1st time i can't cause of the quorum status (BLOCKED). so I did this
upload_2018-5-18_21-7-35.png

and then I can backup the data

my question are :

1. cause of Cluster Not Ready - No Quorum, it's because the connection is off? or? how to prevent the problem?

2. its any solustion my nodes can back to the cluster ? or i need to install proxmox again from the beging again all the nodes and put it back into the cluster.

Thanks.

1. cause of Cluster Not Ready - No Quorum, it's because the connection is off? or? how to prevent the problem?
No network connection, no multicast, wrong network config, .... (check your logs)

2. its any solustion my nodes can back to the cluster ? or i need to install proxmox again from the beging again all the nodes and put it back into the cluster.
If the node has been removed and there are no corosync configs (/etc/pve/ & /etc/corosync/), so pvecm status gives you a "
Cannot initialize CMAP service" service, then the node is ready to be joined to the cluster again. Well, only if you resolve the above issue. ;)

any sugestion?

I try add to the cluster and

upload_2018-5-22_14-19-11.png

I dont any VM on all nodes.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-22_14-16-10.png
    upload_2018-5-22_14-16-10.png
    39 KB · Views: 20
I dont any VM on all nodes.
Do a 'qm list' to check. The joining node can't have any vmid.conf, also the node must not show up on the remaining cluster.

upload_2018-7-3_11-53-46.png

sorry i just reply.

did u mean like this. the node still show up with the vm (but not working) went the corosync file already deleted.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-3_11-53-23.png
    upload_2018-7-3_11-53-23.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
and can I know, how to prevent the situation like this ?

for example : same as my situation before, allthe server's (all node in cluster) need to shutdown during the renovation job. the the node cant no connect again in the cluster causes Cluster Not Ready - No Quorum. and how to get it back again all the node into the cluster so I dont need to re-install the server.

*note: (the power for the server is off)

thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!