Integration of Mail Gateway with qmail/vmailmgr server

hape

Renowned Member
Jun 10, 2013
Hello all,

is in the Mail-Gateway a usable technic to request for valid users/emails on a Qmail/Vmailmgr Mailserver?

In our network there are severall Qmail/Vmailmgr-Mailservers up and running for a great count of users/domains, so we cannot switch to another Sever-Type.

Do someone have any idea how we can implement the gateway in such a construction?

Can i add a user-request-tool for such kind of Mailservers my myself?

It would be nice if somebody can help me ;-)

The Proxmox Mail Gateway acts as an email proxy, so it should work in your environment.

Valid user checks are done via SMTP, so this should also work as long as your internal email servers sends the suitable SMTP error codes.

The Problem is that the qmail-Server does not stop the delivery when the requested user doesn't exist. Is there a possibility to store a list of valid users on the PMX-MGW.

The Problem is that the qmail-Server does not stop the delivery when the requested user doesn't exist. Is there a possibility to store a list of valid users on the PMX-MGW.

I am not a qmail expert but I assume this should be possible.

There is no way to store users on the Proxmox Mail Gateway.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!