Sligh difference in 2.0->2.1 upgrade vs. fresh ISO install?

chipc

Sep 20, 2007
Our production host was installed as Proxmox Mail Gateway 2.0 last October and was upgraded remotely by Proxmox support to 2.1 in November. Our in-development second host, recently licensed, was installed from the 2.1 ISO which I downloaded recently. I have manually populated it with the appropriate configuration prior to clustering the two hosts.

I note one small difference: in the web interface Configuration->Mail proxy page, the upgraded 2.0 system has a tab called "Greylist excl" where the fresh 2.1 unit has a tab called "whitelist". The latter seems to include receiver options (a nice feature, and as I recall, a request of mine!).

Will this difference cause any trouble when we cluster the two units (the upgraded 2.0 box will be the master node)? Would it cause any trouble if we tried to recover a backup from one system on to the other? If, after clustering, we made entries into the Greylist receiver options on the second host, would those settings have any effect on the master node?

Thanks,

Chip C
Toronto

Our production host was installed as Proxmox Mail Gateway 2.0 last October and was upgraded remotely by Proxmox support to 2.1 in November. Our in-development second host, recently licensed, was installed from the 2.1 ISO which I downloaded recently. I have manually populated it with the appropriate configuration prior to clustering the two hosts.

I note one small difference: in the web interface Configuration->Mail proxy page, the upgraded 2.0 system has a tab called "Greylist excl" where the fresh 2.1 unit has a tab called "whitelist". The latter seems to include receiver options (a nice feature, and as I recall, a request of mine!).

Will this difference cause any trouble when we cluster the two units (the upgraded 2.0 box will be the master node)? Would it cause any trouble if we tried to recover a backup from one system on to the other? If, after clustering, we made entries into the Greylist receiver options on the second host, would those settings have any effect on the master node?

Thanks,

Chip C
Toronto

Hi Chip,

current version is Proxmox 2.1 - 2294. It looks like your old machine is not on this build number. please open ssh access for the support@proxmox.com team and they will upgrade your machine to build 2294.

Aha! that explains it. I will apply the Service Pack during a quiescent period planned for this coming weekend. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!