german 'umlauts' in daily spamreport

thomaslinux

Nov 7, 2007
I've got now a problem for german speaking people.
They get their daily spamreports in german, but the subject of this mail looks like this: "TXglicher Spamreport fXr...." In the mailbody looks it right: "Täglicher Spamreport für..."
I've installed the locales package and have done a dpkg-reconfigure locales and set it to "de_DE.UTF-8" ( I've tested the other german locales too ).
The most important question is, whether it is possible to change that nad when, where I have to do that ? Is there a package missing ?

I've got now a problem for german speaking people.
They get their daily spamreports in german, but the subject of this mail looks like this: "TXglicher Spamreport fXr...." In the mailbody looks it right: "Täglicher Spamreport für..."
I've installed the locales package and have done a dpkg-reconfigure locales and set it to "de_DE.UTF-8" ( I've tested the other german locales too ).
The most important question is, whether it is possible to change that nad when, where I have to do that ? Is there a package missing ?

hi,
we also use german reports here (see screenshots) without any problem.
our desktop computer uses winxp sp2 with office 2003/2007, both english.
emailclient outlook.

what operating system do you use on your desktop? email client?

Attachments

• spamreport-german.jpg
    spamreport-german.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi Tom,

thank you for your quick answer.

here in my testlab I'm using as client OS a Linux System ( SLED10 ) with kmail. When I'll deploy proxmox in my customers environment there WinXP SP2 and Outlook 2003 will be used.
Just to clarify: Maybe this is a mua or mta problem ?
I'll not going to risk some confusions on customers side.
The test constellation:
proxmox ( "gateway" ) -> postfix/cyrus ( "mailserver") -> client
The planned customers configuration:
proxmox ( "gateway.domain.com") -> CommunigatePro ( "mail.domain.com") -> client

I read while waiting for an answer from you, that cyrus can cause some problems with 7bit code in headers. I'm going to check this asap.

Maybe this problem is really caused by cyrus and on customers side I will get no such problems, do you know if it so ?

kind regards

Thomas

Hi Tom,

thank you for your quick answer.

here in my testlab I'm using as client OS a Linux System ( SLED10 ) with kmail. When I'll deploy proxmox in my customers environment there WinXP SP2 and Outlook 2003 will be used.
Just to clarify: Maybe this is a mua or mta problem ?
I'll not going to risk some confusions on customers side.
The test constellation:
proxmox ( "gateway" ) -> postfix/cyrus ( "mailserver") -> client
The planned customers configuration:
proxmox ( "gateway.domain.com") -> CommunigatePro ( "mail.domain.com") -> client

I read while waiting for an answer from you, that cyrus can cause some problems with 7bit code in headers. I'm going to check this asap.

Maybe this problem is really caused by cyrus and on customers side I will get no such problems, do you know if it so ?

kind regards

Thomas

hi Thomas,
we found something on the proxmox side and we fixed it already. in the upcoming version 2.1 this fix is included (we will release 2.1 in about one or two weeks).

Hi Tom,

thank you for your answer. I am installing the new version when it will be released and test it again.

regards

Thomas

problem is fixed

Hello,

the issue with the "umlauts" in header has gone, the new version 2.1 of proxmox has fixed this. Thank you.

regards Thomas

Hello,

the issue with the "umlauts" in header has gone, the new version 2.1 of proxmox has fixed this. Thank you.

regards Thomas

Hi Thomas,
Many thanks for retesting!

still problems

Hi,

I still have the problem with teh special symbols in the subject line.

---schnipp---
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?T=E4glicher Spamreport f=FCr 'patrick@koehne-net.de' - 07.01.2008?=
---schnapp---

That has to with special kind of coding wich is probably not offical supported in subject lines!?

I use Thunderbird as mail client.
Using SquirrelMail 1.4.8 as a web based client also shows the above subject line.

Regards
Patrick

Hi,

I still have the problem with teh special symbols in the subject line.

---schnipp---
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?T=E4glicher Spamreport f=FCr 'patrick@koehne-net.de' - 07.01.2008?=
---schnapp---

That has to with special kind of coding wich is probably not offical supported in subject lines!?

I use Thunderbird as mail client.
Using SquirrelMail 1.4.8 as a web based client also shows the above subject line.

Regards
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

yes, we have fixed it already, but not in 2.1 - 2294. We already emailed you a hotfix addressing the issue. can you retest after you applied the hotfix?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!