Problems with backup and cluster.

reloaded

Aug 25, 2009
Good morning, We have created a cluster with 2 servers. since we created it, the backups do not work.

We show you make backup of node 2, but if the backup folder does not exist on node 1, the system says that the folder is not correct.

Backups of all nodes in the master makes them?

To avoid running out of backups, we tried to connect directly to node 2, via https: / / node2, but Proxmox gives a message that we do not have write permissions.

That way I can make backups of the machines in the cluster? we can only make backups of anything: (

Thank you very much

Good morning, We have created a cluster with 2 servers. since we created it, the backups do not work.

We show you make backup of node 2, but if the backup folder does not exist on node 1, the system says that the folder is not correct.

vzdump backups are host specific. means if you want to make backups of guests running on the node you need to specify a backup destination accessible on the node.

Backups of all nodes in the master makes them?

To avoid running out of backups, we tried to connect directly to node 2, via https: / / node2, but Proxmox gives a message that we do not have write permissions.

That way I can make backups of the machines in the cluster? we can only make backups of anything: (

Thank you very much

the backup (GUI) needs to be configured on the master (also for the nodes). nodes GUI has only read access.

Hi,

I create backup folder for example:

Example 1

Node 1 (master) \vz\backups
Node 2 (slave) \vz\backups2

Create a backup task for a node 2 in to console node 1 (master)

Cluster node : node 2(slave)
Destination: \vz\backups2
Selecte the kvm machine of node 2

click on save.

See the mensage " error : the destination folder \vz\backups2 is not exist.

Example 2

Destination: \vz\backups

click on save.

Its create task ok

but the backup is not finish.

the line on sys log is: vzdum --quiet --node2 --snapshot --dumpdir /vz/backups

Thanks very much

Hi,

I create backup folder for example:

Example 1

Destination: \vz\backups2

click on save.

See the mensage " error : the destination folder \vz\backups2 is not exist.

the backup dir has to exist on both nodes (looks like you find a bug).

Example 2

Destination: \vz\backups

click on save.

Its create task ok

but the backup is not finish.

the line on sys log is: vzdum --quiet --node2 --snapshot --dumpdir /vz/backups

Thanks very much

I do not understand the second issue.

This was a timely post for me. I was having the same issue as what seems to be a bug. I confirm the behavior, but as long as you have a directory wit the the same name on the master and node, it works fine. You just have an empty directory on one machine.

hi ,

this is the log error ,, any idea?

Detailed backup logs:

vzdump --quiet --node 1 --snapshot --compress --dumpdir /var/lib/vz/backups --mailto reloaded@mydomain 102

102: Aug 27 12:53:02 INFO: Starting Backup of VM 102 (qemu)
102: Aug 27 12:53:02 INFO: status = running
102: Aug 27 12:53:02 ERROR: unable to detect lvm volume group, using 'suspend' mode
102: Aug 27 12:53:02 INFO: starting first sync /var/lib/vz/images/102 to /var/tmp/vzdumptmp23564
102: Aug 27 13:01:20 INFO: rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
102: Aug 27 13:01:20 INFO: rsync: write failed on "/var/tmp/vzdumptmp23564/102/virt105.qcow2": No space left on device (28)
102: Aug 27 13:01:20 INFO: rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(298) [receiver=3.0.3]
102: Aug 27 13:01:20 INFO: rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (31 bytes received so far) [sender]
102: Aug 27 13:01:20 INFO: rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(635) [sender=3.0.3]
102: Aug 27 13:01:29 ERROR: Backup of VM 102 failed - command '/usr/bin/rsync --stats --numeric-ids --bwlimit=10240 -aH --delete --no-whole-file --inplace /var/lib/vz/images/102 /var/tmp/vzdumptmp23564' failed with exit code 12

im try whitch suspend mode,, and another error :(

vzdump --quiet --node 1 --suspend --compress --dumpdir /var/lib/vz/backups --mailto reloaded@mydomain.com 102

102: Aug 27 13:17:02 INFO: Starting Backup of VM 102 (qemu)
102: Aug 27 13:17:02 INFO: status = running
102: Aug 27 13:17:02 INFO: starting first sync /var/lib/vz/images/102 to /var/tmp/vzdumptmp26249
102: Aug 27 13:25:04 INFO: rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
102: Aug 27 13:25:04 INFO: rsync: write failed on "/var/tmp/vzdumptmp26249/102/virt105.qcow2": No space left on device (28)
102: Aug 27 13:25:04 INFO: rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(298) [receiver=3.0.3]
102: Aug 27 13:25:04 INFO: rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (31 bytes received so far) [sender]
102: Aug 27 13:25:04 INFO: rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(635) [sender=3.0.3]
102: Aug 27 13:25:13 ERROR: Backup of VM 102 failed - command '/usr/bin/rsync --stats --numeric-ids --bwlimit=10240 -aH --delete --no-whole-file --inplace /var/lib/vz/images/102

:(

102: Aug 27 13:25:04 INFO: rsync: write failed on "/var/tmp/vzdumptmp26249/102/virt105.qcow2": No space left on device (28)

Again, there is no free space on "/var/tmp/" (use --tmpdir option to set to another dir).

Hi, thanks very much.

One cuestion,, howto change tmpdir at directoriy/var/lib/vz/tmp, for example?

Thanks you

Code:
vzdump 101 --dumpdir /var/lib/vz/dump --tmpdir /var/lib/vz/tmp

this line I will have to put in each backup?

I mean,

the intention is to make the backup from the web interface.

So I would like to know how to change the TMP directory for all scheduled backups from Proxmox interface.

Hello everyone.

Just need to know how to change the temporary file.

/ var / tmp / a / var / lib / vz / tmp

As indicated it is adding the file / etc / vzdump.conf.

But, to be put in that file to change the temporary file path?

Putting it in the file - tmpdir / var / lib / vz / tmp would be enough?

Thanks for your patience.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!