ZRAID10

miha.adzic

Dec 8, 2015
Hi!

When trying to setup Proxmox on using ZRAID10 on 4 1TB disks i get this error:
Warning: mirrored disks must have the same size. Please fix ZFS setup first.

So I installed the Proxmox on an extra 500GB hdd and then added the 4x1TB using this:
zpool create -f -o ashift=12 <pool-name> mirror <device1> <device2> mirror <device3> <device4>

from here https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_ZFS#Create_a_new_pool_with_RAID-10

The system is working and the pool can be seen in the GUI size is 1.8TB but if i do zpool status It shows state of all disks ONLINE and READ, WRITE and CKSUM is showing 0 on all disks.

So I figured this is ok, if there is an error it should showup here. I created 2 VM (simple ubuntu installs) and if both of them are running everything slows down by 99%. Meaning a login after inputing the password takes 2 minutes.

Is the problem comming from the initial problem of all disks not having the same size? All of the 4 disks are 1TB WD BLUE, but one of them is NEW, the other 3 are about 3 months old and when I check them in DLGDIAG, the new one is 1kb different in size from the others.

What kind of a setup would you recommend in my case?

Thanx for your help!

Miha

how do you use your zpool?
did you add it via the gui Storage->Add->ZFS?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!