[ZFS] zpool_influxdb (please add)

Ramalama

Dec 26, 2020
Hi, is it possible to include into one of the next versions the zpool_influxdb command?
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/tree/master/cmd/zpool_influxdb
https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/man/8/zpool_influxdb.8.html

It's somehow officially included and then not included, i don't really get it.
We are already almost on the master branch (2.0.3), maybe with 2.0.4 if it's possible it would be great to have this.

The reason is simply, that im building an Grafana dashboard, something really simple:

Unbenannt.PNG

And this Pie chart has at the moment only "Free" & "Used" Memory space... But i want to put "Arc" there too, to make it a bit more detaily...
Or probably a pie chart that is more exact, like Hostusage+Arc+Free+VM1+VM2+VM3 etc... but this will probably get too overfilled and multiple pie charts or graphs is not the way to go either, since it should be as slim as possible in the end.
However, thats my problem, i will release the dashboard later and make an thread whats needed etc...

But first i need the "zpool_influxdb" command commonly available :)

Thank you!

Last edited:
AFAICT the zpool influxdb command got merged into ZFS master - and is not incldued in the zfs 2.0.X branch.
Being a new feature it is unlikely to get backported (and we try to match upstream rather close)

So it will most likely arrive in PVE with ZFS 2.1

I hope this helps!

AFAICT the zpool influxdb command got merged into ZFS master - and is not incldued in the zfs 2.0.X branch.
Being a new feature it is unlikely to get backported (and we try to match upstream rather close)

So it will most likely arrive in PVE with ZFS 2.1

I hope this helps!

Not seeing this with ZFS 2.1. Any idea why that might be?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!