ZFS: task txg_sync blocked for more than 300 seconds

I don't use compression on my backups. One one of my vm's which is too large for vzdump to complete backing up to an NFS mount (in under 24 hours!) I use zfs send/receive with a simple script that does basically "qm snapshot" followed by zfs send/receive followed by "qm delsnapshot" of the prior snapshot and deleting of the old snapshots on the remote zfs volume.

I agree with you, but where do you store backups?
I guess you need another machine with ZFS where you run zfs receive.

I have a FreeNAS box on which I receive the zfs volume, and also use it as NFS service for hosting ISOs and traditional vzdump backups from the smaller VMs.

hello Vkera

would you mind posting the backup script? I've decided to do something similar and your script may save trial and error/ testing time.

Here ya go. It is hand-tailored to my specific ZFS zvol's, but you can easily add/remove them.

The forum made me upload it as a .txt file, just rename it, obviously.

Attachments

• yertle-zfs-backup.sh.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: RobFantini

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!