I have never used ZFS and want to understand if my plan is possible.
I have 1 4TB NTFS external hard drive (proxmox is installed on an internal drive, this 4TB is just for data storage nothing system related) ATM. My plan was to get a 8TB externalhard drive, format it and make a ZFS pool with it and then transfer all the data from the 4TB drive onto the 8TB ZFS drive. Then I’d format the 4TB drive and add to the ZFS pool, making it 12GB total.
Is this possible with ZFS? If so, can I continue to add drives in this manner indefinitely?
I have 1 4TB NTFS external hard drive (proxmox is installed on an internal drive, this 4TB is just for data storage nothing system related) ATM. My plan was to get a 8TB externalhard drive, format it and make a ZFS pool with it and then transfer all the data from the 4TB drive onto the 8TB ZFS drive. Then I’d format the 4TB drive and add to the ZFS pool, making it 12GB total.
Is this possible with ZFS? If so, can I continue to add drives in this manner indefinitely?