ZFS over iSCSI to FreeNAS 9.3+

lweidig

Oct 20, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
Would be interested if this is available yet for Proxmox 4.0 and if not if there is an ETA when this will be. We have tried Nexenta and I have to say it has been a painful process for us. From the fact that it had no 3Ware controller support to the fact that we have LITTLE Solaris experience, to many other issues I have posted in other threads.

FreeNAS is a very good product and many of the iSCSI issues that were around with the old drivers should be fixed with the new ones that are in the latest version. However, as we also found out the ZFS over iSCSI does not work with this setup. I had found in the dev discussions that somebody was working on this.

If this is not working any way we can fund / code the development to speed things along. While I have not really investigated the code for Proxmox at all I do see that most of what took place with Nexenta was really only a set of SSH commands to manipulate the system. Have to believe this should be able to be replicated but maybe not.

Otherwise what is the next best NON-Solaris solution for using ZFS over iSCSI?

Thanks for all comments!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!